🔗Getting Started Developing with CDAP
The CDAP Software Development Kit (SDK) includes all that is needed to develop CDAP applications in your development environment, either your laptop or a workstation. It has:
- A Standalone CDAP that can run on a single machine in a single JVM. It provides all of the CDAP APIs without requiring a Hadoop cluster, using alternative, fully-functional implementations of CDAP features. For example, application containers are implemented as Java threads instead of YARN containers.
- The CDAP UI, a web-based graphical user interface to interact with CDAP instances and the applications they run.
- Tools for ingesting data and authenticating clients, datasets, and example applications to help you become familiar with CDAP, perform common tasks, and serve as the basis for developing your own applications.
Follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the system requirements and dependencies.
- Download the CDAP SDK, using one of the versions.
- Follow the installation instructions for the version you downloaded.
- To try out an application, follow our Quick Start.
- We suggest the Examples, Guides, and Tutorials as the easiest way to become familiar with CDAP.
- To begin writing your own application, start by setting up your development environment.
- There are instructions for starting and stopping CDAP, and building and running examples and applications.
Online, we have additional resources ranging from user groups to these manuals, examples, guides, and tutorials: