CDAP Administration Manual¶
Installation: Covers putting CDAP into production, with installation, configuration, security setup, and monitoring. Appendices cover the XML files used to configure the CDAP installation and security configurations.
- Quick Start: A quick start guide that covers the most-common case of installing and configuring CDAP. Many people may find this sufficient; if your case isn’t covered, the Installation and Configuration guide has additional details.
- Installation and Configuration: Covers installing and configuring CDAP: the system, network, and software requirements; packaging options; and the instructions for installation and verification of the CDAP components so they work with your existing Hadoop cluster.
- Security: CDAP supports securing clusters using perimeter security. This section describes enabling security, configuring authentication and testing security.
- Monitoring: CDAP collects logs and metrics for all of its internal services. This section provides links to the relevant APIs for accessing these logs and metrics.
- Appendices: Two appendices cover the XML files used to configure the CDAP installation and the security configuration.
Operations: Covers logging, metrics, preferences, scaling instances, resource guarantees, transaction service maintenance, troubleshooting, and introduces the CDAP UI.
- Logging: Covers CDAP support for logging through standard SLF4J (Simple Logging Facade for Java) APIs.
- Metrics: CDAP collects metrics about the application’s behavior and performance.
- Preferences and Runtime Arguments: Flows, MapReduce programs, services, workflows, and workers can receive runtime arguments.
- Scaling Instances: Covers querying and setting the number of instances of Flowlets.
- Resource Guarantees: Providing resource guarantees for CDAP programs in YARN.
- Transaction Service Maintenance: Periodic maintenance of the Transaction Service.
- Troubleshooting: Selected examples of potential problems and possible resolutions.
- CDAP UI: The CDAP UI is available for deploying, querying and managing CDAP.